Town Planning Drawings
Town Planning Drawings are prepared by respective Local council and approved by the Ministry of Lands. The Ministry of Lands Housing and Human Settlements Development participate in the designing and preparation of layouts only when a particular council seeks assistance. The following procedures are followed by Local councils in the preparation of layouts.
- Identify the area and declare it to be ripe for urban development in the government gazette.
- Inform residents within the declared area about the intension (Public awareness).
- Evaluate properties within the declared areas and pay compensation
- Designing of Town planning drawings which show different land uses within the area and present them to Urban Planning Committee (UPC) of the respective Local authority for approval.
- Submitting the drawings to the Minister of Lands and Human Settlements Development for approval. (normally approval is done by the Director on behalf of the Minister)
- After the approval copies are sent back to the Local authority for implementation.
Copies of town Planning drawings can be obtained from the Human Settlement department at the records office.