Policies and Legislation
- Policy, Legislation and Development Control
- Responsibilities of the Section of Policy and Legislation
- To prepare and review policies, legislations, regulations and technical circulars governing urban development.
- To collaborate with local authorities in research and analysis of various land use planning standards
- To prepare government Notice and submit to Attorney General for declaration of Planning
- To receive and analyse request for change of land use and recommend and advice the Minister
- Procedures of Change of Land Use
- Submit application letter to the respective local authority
- Land office in the local authority will scrutinise the request and present to the Urban Planning Committee (UPC) meeting for approval
- The approved requests are submitted to the Director of Human Settlement together with preliminary recommendations of the UPC, a copy of title deed a copy of minutes of the meeting and an extract from respective Town Planning Drawing showing the respective plot/farm in relation to the surroundings.
- Human Settlement Development department will conduct field inspection of the area go through the reports from the local authority and prepare a recommendation report and submit to the Minister for decision making.
- The Minister's decision will be sent back to the respective local authority for implementation.
Settlement development is guided by Policies, Laws, regulations, and technical circulars. Urban development activities is managed and controlled by respective Local authorities (District, township, municipality and city) on behalf of the Minister of Lands, Housing and Human settlements Development.
According to the Town and country Planning Ordinance Cap 378, section 78, Technical circular no: 1 of 2001 as well as Government Notice No: 678 of 1964, request for change of land use must go through the following procedure.