To provide quality financial management and bookkeeping services for the Ministry.
The activities of the Unit are:-
· Timely preparation and payment of salaries
· Proper payroll management
· Budget for personnel emoluments
· Submission of voucher list to the Treasury
· Collection of all cheques from Treasury
· Banking cash and cheques
· Preparation of monthly flash report
· Payment of cash/cheques to employees/customers (service Provider)
· Batching of paid vouchers
· Maintenance of cash book
· Preparation and effecting all payments
· Collect all revenues
· Manage the revenue according to regulations and guidelines
· Collect land rent
· Maintain land rent registry
· Supervise collection centers countrywide
• Issue land rent demand notice to defaulters
• Undertake recovery measures for land rent defaulters
· Timely preparation of pension papers; and
· Maintenance of pension records.
· Preparation of budget
· Monitoring of expenditure.
Pre – Audit/Examination
· Responsible for proper documentation to support vouchers, including authorization according to regulations;
· Responsible for availability of funds and regulation adherence; and
· Reply all Audit queries raised during the previous financial year.
This Unit is led by a Chief Accountant
Telephone +255 22 2113165/ 2121241-9 Extension 2432